Appreciate the beauty of the scenery in Shosenkyo Gorge in this fun course. Particularly recommended from late October to mid November when the red leaves are in season.
It is also very beginner friendly due to the lenient slope and the short distance, so feel free to run around and enjoy yourself.
- Elevation: 366m / Distance: 9.3km / Slope: 3.7% average, 9.0% max.
- Starting point: Shosenkyo Ropeway “Senga Falls” Station (
441 Ikaricho, Kofu, Yamanashi Prefecture)
- Parking lot: 2814 Ushiku, Kai, Yamanashi Prefecture
- By car: (From Tokyo) 30 minutes from the Chuo Expressway, Hachioji Interchange to the Kofu Showa Interchange
(From Nagoya) 30 minutes from the Tomei Expressway, Nagoya Interchange to the Chuo Expressway, Komaki Junction to the Kofu Showa Interchange
- By train: Get off at the JR Kofu Station, 25-minutes bike ride
- Yamanashi Sports Tourism: http://www.yamanashi-kankou.jp/zenryoku/en/hill-climb/course/004.html
- Shosenkyo Gorge: http://www.shosenkyo-kankoukyokai.com/en/