The Takeda-no-Mori Trail Running is a special course that mainly goes through the esplanade of the Takeda-no-Mori woods, located in the recreational forests at the northern section of Kofu.
The route goes through the natural park, from where you can have a full view of the Kofu basin surrounded by historical landmarks related to Takeda, such as the Takeda Shrine and Yogaiyama, as well as the Mt. Fuji and the Southern Alps. Finally, the course reaches its goal at the Takeda-no-Mori Park.
This course is set on woodlands with an elevation between 320m and 700m, and its lenient slopes make it enjoyable for both beginners and experts.
- Distance: 30km
-Starting point: Takeda Shrine (2611 Kofuchumachi, Kofu, Yamanashi Prefecture)
- Goal: Forestry Studies Exhibition (2135-1 Hirasemachi, Kofu, Yamanashi Prefecture)
- Parking lot: “Kofuchumachi, Kōfu, Yamanashi Prefecture)
- By car: (From Tokyo) 30 minutes from the Chuo Expressway, Hachioji Interchange to the Kofu-minami Interchange
(From Nagoya) 30 minutes from the Tomei Expressway, Nagoya Interchange to the Chuo Expressway, Komaki Junction to the Kofu-minami Interchange
- By train: 35-minute walk from the JR Kofu Station
- Yamanashi Sports Tourism: http://www.yamanashi-kankou.jp/zenryoku/en/trail-running/course/002.html
- Shosenkyo Gorge: http://www.shosenkyo-kankoukyokai.com/en/