Koshoan is a beautiful tea room of a wooden construction with a copper plate roof in Momijidani Teien Garden.
It was donated to Wakayama City by Matsushita Konosuke who is a founder of Panasonic and an honorary citizen of Wakayama city in 1973.
You can feel the fresh air around the Skiya style building and the garden covered in moss.
Please visit Koshoan Tea House and have traditional Kishu tea and sweets, while visiting Momijidani Teien Garden.
○ Address: 3 Ichibancho, Wakayama (Wakayama Castle premises)
○ Phone: 073-431-8648
○ Business hours: 9:00 to 16:30 (Last order 16:00)
○ Closed: between Dec 29 and Jan 3
○ Price: 460 yen for a bowl of Matcha Green Tea (with sweets)
○ Access: 2 minutes on foot from Wakayama Bus "City Hall"