The “Kataonami Beach” is in Wakanoura and has been selected as one of the Japan Heritage.
The clear water, beautiful beach, and well-equipped facilities have been evaluated, and it has been selected as one of the top 10 locations in the “Ocean Speciality” among the “100 Most Enjoyable Beaches” selected by the Ministry of Environment.
It is the longest beach in Wakayama Prefecture with 1,200 meters long sandy beach.
It is good to swim, to view the endless ocean, and to chat with friends on the beach.
Spend time on the beautiful beach as you like.
○ Location: Wakaura-Minami, Wakayama
○ Business period: 1 July to 31 August, 8am to 5pm (lifeguards stationed time)
○ Parking: 850 units (1,000 yen a day)
○ Access: 10 minutes on foot from Wakayama Bus "Furobashi"
○ Phone: 073-447-9080 (Kataonami Beach Management and Administration Committee)