Nasunogahara Museum was founded in April 23rd of 2004 with the objective of collecting materials related to natural and cultural heritages of the region and display for the posterity, as well as carrying out research and studies in various spheres, such as history, folk, archaeology, arts, nature, science, etc. regardless of region in order to contribute to public knowledge. The museum also hosts exhibitions and lectures, as well as educational activities for children, and strives to deepen the appreciation of the locals towards their region, encouraging the preservation, restoration and creation of regional nature and culture, while also inviting the whole country to learn more about these.
- Entrance fee
- Individual: Non-students, 300 JPY; High school and college students, 200 JPY; Grade and middle school students, 100 JPY. / Groups: Non-students, 250 JPY; High school and college students, 150 JPY; Grade and middle school students, 50 JPY.
- Business hours
- From 9 AM to 5 PM (The exhibition hall is open until 4:30 PM) Business holidays: Monday (Closed during holidays) / New Year's holiday (From December 28th to January 4th) / Fumigation days
- 5-1 Mishima, Nasushiobara, Tochigi Prefecture
- By car: From the Mishima intersection in Route 4, 1 km ride in direction of Shiobara. From the Tohoku Expressway Nishi-Nasuno-Shiobara Interchange, 3 km ride in direction of the Nishi-Nasuno Station. / By train or bus: From the Tohoku Main Line Nishi-Nasuno Station, Take the Yu bus Nishi-Nasuno Inner Loop Line and get off at the Nasunogahara Museum, 0-minute walk. Alternatively, go to the JR bus Shiobara Onsen Bus Terminal and get off at Mishimanojo, 3-minute walk.
- 0287-36-0949 (Nasunogahara Museum)